Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hrm... I feel reeeaaalllllllyyyyyy stupid, but I have to ask...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Maischeph's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    After you've downloaded a scanlation, what d'you open it with? [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Pardon my ignorance, but I've just discovered scanlations and so I've never used them before... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I have a Windows ME, just in case that helps answer the question *is stumped**feels really dumb* I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who helps me!! *nodnod* [img]redface.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Verykawaiineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The files or chapters need to opened with Winzip...im not sure where you can download it but i would try www.winzip.com hurt me if im wrong..about the site that is

    *waves* enjoying s-c's happy smut??

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 26, 2004 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Verykawaiineko ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dont worry i think we all asked one of the questions along the way...i know i did^_^

    welcome to the wonderful and corruptable world of sakura-crisis ^_^

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    alternative to unzipping the scanlations with winzip would be the really wonderful and nice CDisplay programm [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , (linklink); it allows you to view the pictures without using winzip or something similar.
    (but I guess it comes down to personal taste if you prefer to have the scanlations unzipped or pictures in a nice tidy new folder ^^)

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Maischeph's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, yay, thank you all so much for the help! ^_^ And thanks for the nice welcome, too [img]biggrin.gif[/img] *hands out cookies to everyone* I already love s-c, just because there are actually people out there nice enough to do this sort of thing; now all I have to do is get my virtual hands on the mangas and I'll be one happy fangirl [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Maischeph's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, jeez. Right, I have another question: When they tell you to unzip a file, what does THAT mean??? You'd think I'd never used a computer before! It's not true, I swear...! I've just never actually really totally tried to download anything. Good grief... :S

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Countess D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well...the technical answer to taht, I do not know, but I think "unzipped" is the term used to openthe zipped folder that contains the scannlations...or something like that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Oh, and BTW welcome to this lil' fangirl's paradise ^^.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well personally. I think you're better off using WinRAR. It can both compress and uncompress files in both .rar and .zip form. And also, if you download the trial version and you just right click your zip/rar file and go "extract file" and just click "extract". It doesn't go throught the whole lisence agreement thing and such as winzip would. Much more efficient and less time consuming, for those that like to extract zipfiles that is. Well my two cents.
    http://www.win-rar.com/

    Yuy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •